Friday 26 April 2013

Rhandirmwyn Circular

A few post ago I wrote about this ride where it had come to an early end because of a puncture, so with a good weather forecast I saddled up again.

Route

I parked adjacent to Dolauhirion Bridge and set off. It was a bit on the chilly side with a headwind which led to me soon warming up.

Afon Tywi from Pont Newydd



I met a few patient motorists who did not try to pass until it was absolutely clear to do so - much waving with thanks.

In Rhandirmwyn there is a tempting tea shop, but as I was carrying food and drink I resisted the siren call.




I turned here to head down to the river, but stopped to take a photo of the local church and talk to two ladies who were on flower duty.  they had passed me earlier and seemed impressed with the speed I had arrived.  I said it was more to do with their slow driving!

Rhandirmwyn Church


At the river I stopped for a brew and a sandwich and then carried on to cycle nearly all down hill, passing through Cilycwm and back to the car.



Celynnog Hill (I think)

Cilycwm Church

Carmarthen Fans in the distance


No comments:

Post a Comment